Monday, September 17, 2012

Music to Books

I always had this idea of taking different bands and using all their songs to come up with a story line. I'm hoping one day to do it even though I know it will take a lot of research and planning but I just love the idea so much. I even started with the songs of Bare Naked Ladies but I only picked a few of their songs. I think the best way that I'm going to do this if I use all of the bands song to make the story and not just a few on them. This idea actually came about when I was listening to Bare Naked Ladies' song, "One Week". It has always been one of my favorite songs. I'm thinking that I'll just write a short story with the song "One Week" to get started and in the mind set of using lyrics for the idea of a whole book. I've always had a song or two in mind when I start stories but the books aren't based off the song just a line or two that I really enjoyed. An example of this is A Fine Frenzy's "Almost Lover" I love the line "Luckless Romance" and I used that as a base for one of my stories. I already knew from the beginning that the relationship is doomed. I'm always having that happy endings and just once I want to leave to reader wanting more because a lot of books do that to me. Anyways, be on the look out of the short story based on "One Week" because I'm going to start it soon and put it up on here. It will have all of the nonsense of the free style rap in the song. The characters will eat chicken and watch X flies in the dark!
Three Fors, Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment