Friday, September 14, 2012

The Identity Crisis of Me

So my name's Andrea Danielle Tracy. I love my name but when I first was working with my sister on a cover for my book we were trying to come up with a different name for me. We both agreed that you really wouldn't buy a book from a girl named Andrea Tracy. So we tried many variation of my name and adding words to make my name sound better. Some examples: Andrea Danielle, Annie Danielle (which is why my twitter account has this name), Danielle Almond (Almond after the street we grew up on) and Alla Mine (just because it sounds like "all of mine"). We even went on an anagram site to see what the letter of my names would come up with. My whole name came up with "ARRANTLY ACE DEADLINE"  which doesn't make a very good name. We got a little sidetracked by the anagrams of our names the best probably being,  WELL! UNHINGED RACISM just because we thought it was the funniest of all the names we tried. I've been known by many variation of my name growing up I was Andi, then Annie, sometimes Andi Dandi but I was always Andrea Tracy. You wouldn't be able to find the on my Facebook because I'm not the only Andrea Tracy in my family. I had a cousin marry someone named Andrea, I didn't worry about it until after I was having a bad day and I wrote that on Facebook when another cousin of mine confused me with the other Andrea who's married while I am not. This just added to my crapping mood so I changed my name on Facebook to the nickname my sister gave me, Annie. I always had my middle name and look nothing like the other Andrea so I still wonder how we could have ever been mixed up. It won't happen again. I use the name Andrea Tracy on my book covers but inside so everyone knows which Andrea Tracy did it I write my whole name right after the book title. Just my way of being myself because I don't want any confusion. 
Three Fors, Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Darn its ashamed we couldn't use the anagram names they were pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete